Founded in 1969 in Vancouver, Cressey Development Group has evolved into one of Western Canada’s most prolific property developers. Over the past 53 years, Cressey has grown into an organization that maintains in-house development, construction and property management divisions.
Cressey has built and sold over 170 successful projects, which include over 12,500 residential and commercial units. Through its various member companies, Cressey owns and manages over 5,250 rental units in 80 residential buildings, 6 office buildings, and 12 retail centres. Cressey is proud to be one of the region’s largest privately held real estate organizations.
Our philosophy is a simple one: Superior Design. Quality Construction.
At Cressey, we hire exceptional people and nurture and develop them to be their best. We collaborate. Treat each other with respect. Deliver quality work. And at all times, with integrity.
Current Available Positions
The Property Accountant is responsible for the full-cycle accounting for a mixed portfolio of residential, commercial and industrial properties. This role will report to the Controller, Income Producing Properties or other departmental managers as is determined.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations and coordinate with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable to address any outstanding discrepancies
- Prepare month-end journal entries and accruals in various general ledgers including but not limited to depreciation, restricted cash, intercompany, and tax provision
- Prepare and file monthly GST returns and ensure any payments or credit balances are applied appropriately
- Prepare monthly financial statements, analyze variance and provide commentary
- Review Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable monthly transactional reports and ensure accuracy and appropriateness of cost allocations
- Prepare monthly operating statements, compare against budget and provide commentary
- Participate in annual mortgage loan reviews as required by lenders through preparing annual financial and operating statements, rental records, proof of property tax and insurance payments
- Participate in annual CAM reconciliations and preparation of annual budget forecast
- Assist the Tax department with the preparation of annual financial statements for all relevant entities
- Assist in annual external audit requirements, including but not limited to preparing year-end working paper, posting year-end adjusting journal entries, and coordinating with auditors.
- Additional duties as required
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in property accounting
- University or College Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with Yardi Voyager highly valued
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong technical expertise with systems, with the ability to manipulate and validate data
- Strong attention to detail with excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Highly organized with the ability to effectively multi-task, time manage, and prioritize tasks based on monthly cycles and multiple deadlines
- Quick learner and works well independently and in a team setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable to change and continuously seek out improvements to existing processes
Cressey Development Group offers competitive wages and benefits, including extend health, vision and dental. If you meet the requirements of the position and are interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only selected qualified individuals will be contacted.